Thursday, June 28, 2007

I thought it seemed chilly... hell just froze over.

Yes, I know most of the lyrics to "Spice Up Your Life." Of course I saw the movie "Spice World." Maybe I was disappointed to hear that Geri "Ginger" Halliwell never really made it as a solo artist after leaving the group. That doesn't mean I would support a reunion and world tour!

Only two weeks ago I had a personal brush with one blond and ridiculously skinny Victoria Beckham who literally caused a scene at the Saddle Ranch while I was trying to ride the mechanical bull.

I have no idea what she was doing at a place famous for serving up ribs, steaks and burgers on enormous platters, but she created quite a commotion. Thanks to her reality show gig, her appearance brought with it a crew toting cameras, lights, and clipboards and people with headsets whispering and pointing around the restaurant, plus the usual entourage. Not exactly the backdrop I wanted for my mechanical bull debut.

Anyway, now I hear that all the girls are getting together for a tour. It's sad really. I mean, they're all moms (Baby Spice is pregnant now) and none of them have managed to make it with a solo career. On top of that, they are planning to release a new album and a documentary that will supposedly show "the gritty side" of the Spice Girls, whatever that means.

Oh and did I mention the sad reality that what was once popular is not likely to remain popular? Good luck to you girls. And when I say "good luck to you" I don't mean it.

Read all about the horror here.

No comments: